シードニー 一部の地域でロックダウン 海外コロナ速報

Japan Today 6月25日の記事をご紹介します。日本と時差がほとんど変わらないオーストラリアのシドニーがロックダウンに入りました。

この記事では、ロックダウンはシドニーの1部と書かれていますが、BBC NEWS を訳した、ヤフーニュースではシドニー全域となっています。

書かれた日にちが違うのかもしれません。これはJapan Today の記事です。記者は、Renju Jose という人なので、日本人が書いた記事ではないことが分かります。

ちなみに、6月26日現在の日本の、新規感染者数は、1632人、現在感染者数は、18499人。東京の感染者数は、534人です。

日本は、全体的に見れば、確実に減少傾向にありますが、シドニーが60人を越えた時点でのオーストラリアは早いですね。

オリンピックまで1か月を切りました。東京だけが増え続けているのが気になる所です。

Parts of Sydney go into lockdown as Delta COVID-19 variant outbreak grows

Parts of Sydney go into lockdown as Delta COVID-19 variant outbreak grows – Japan Today

By Renju Jose

SYDNEY

Downtown Sydney and the city’s eastern suburbs, which include Bondi Beach, will go into a one week lockdown from midnight Friday as authorities struggle to contain a spike in the highly contagious Delta COVID-19 virus variant in the city.

The Australian Medical Association (AMA), which represents doctors, said the move was not enough and called for a complete lockdown of the country’s biggest city to prevent the virus spreading and causing possible deaths.

People who live or have worked in the four local government council areas in Sydney in the last two weeks have been ordered to stay at home except for urgent reasons, New South Wales (NSW) state Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters in Sydney.

People are allowed to leave their homes only for essential work or education, medical reasons, grocery shopping or outdoor exercise.

“We don’t want to see this situation linger for weeks, we would like to see this situation end sooner rather than later,” Berejiklian said.

Authorities said they were “concerned” about a potential super-spreader event in a salon where three staff were infected and over 900 clients visited between June 15 and 23.

Officials have issued health alerts overnight for more than a dozen new venues scattered across Sydney, Australia’s largest city and home to a fifth of Australia’s 25 million population, as total infections in the outbreak topped 60.

NSW has held off calls for a hard lockdown, instead imposing mandatory masks in all indoor locations in Sydney, including offices, restricted residents in seven council areas from leaving the city and limited home gatherings to five.

These restrictions, which were scheduled to end on Wednesday, are now extended until midnight on July 2.

Twenty-two local cases were reported on Friday, the biggest rise in infections since the first case was detected in Bondi last Wednesday in a limousine driver who transported an overseas airline crew. 19 of these cases are linked to known infections, while three are under investigation.

AMA President Omar Khorshid said the latest restrictions were “not quite enough” and urged officials to place the entire city under lockdown.

Khorshid warned officials the latest Sydney outbreak could get out of control and reminded officials the devastating wave of COVID-19 in Melbourne last year, which resulted in more than 800 deaths.

“What happened in Melbourne is they tried last year to get ahead slowly and were not able to get ahead of it and it resulted in deaths … that must not be allowed to happen in Sydney,” Khorshid said.

The outbreak has prompted New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to postpone her trip to Australia scheduled in early July. “We are deferring the PM’s trade mission until later in the year,” a spokesperson for the prime minister said.

Lockdowns, swift contact tracing, strict social distancing rules and a high community compliance have largely helped Australia quash prior outbreaks and keep its COVID-19 numbers relatively low, with just under 30,400 cases and 910 deaths.

NSW has been effectively isolated from the rest of the country after other states reinstated tough border rules in response to the latest outbreak, including a total ban for visitors from Sydney’s virus-hit suburbs.

Neighboring Queensland and Victoria authorities on Friday said several passengers from Sydney who attempted to enter the states by air without exemptions were sent back to Sydney.

Victoria reported no new local COVID-19 cases beyond the two announced on Thursday, likely linked to the Sydney outbreak. Two local cases were detected in Queensland overnight, both in home quarantine.

シドニーの一部がロックダウンされ、デルタCOVID-19亜種の発生が拡大

– Japan Today

レンジュ・ホセ

シドニー

シドニーのダウンタウンとボンダイビーチを含む東郊外では、金曜日の深夜から1週間、ロックダウンが実施されます。

医師を代表するオーストラリア医師会(AMA)は、今回の措置は十分ではないとし、ウイルスの拡散と死亡者の発生を防ぐため、国内最大の都市を完全に封鎖することを求めています。

ニューサウスウェールズ州(NSW)のグラディス・ベレジクリアン州首相は、シドニーで記者団に対し、過去2週間にシドニーの4つの地方自治体議会地域に住んでいるか、働いていた人は、緊急の理由がある場合を除き、自宅で待機するよう命じました。

家を出ることが許されるのは、必要不可欠な仕事や教育、医療上の理由、食料品の買い物、屋外での運動などの場合に限られます。

「このような状況が何週間も続くことは望んでおらず、早く終息することを望んでいます」とベレジクリアン氏は述べました。

当局は、6月15日から23日の間に3人のスタッフが感染し、900人以上の顧客が訪れたサロンでの超拡散現象の可能性を「懸念」していると述べました。

当局は、オーストラリア最大の都市であり、オーストラリア人口2,500万人の5分の1が住むシドニーに散在する十数カ所の新たな施設に対し、感染者の合計が60人を超えたことから、一晩のうちに健康警報を発令しました。

ニューサウスウェールズ州では、厳重な封鎖を求める声を抑え、代わりに、オフィスを含むシドニーのすべての屋内でのマスク着用を義務づけ、7つのカウンシル・エリアの住民の外出を制限し、家での集まりを5回までに制限しました。

これらの規制は水曜日に終了する予定でしたが、7月2日の深夜まで延長されました。

ボンダイでは、先週水曜日に海外の航空会社乗務員を乗せたリムジンの運転手から最初の感染者が検出されて以来、最大の増加となる22件の感染者が金曜日に報告されました。このうち19件は既知の感染症と関連しており、3件は調査中です。

AMAのオマー・コーシッド会長は、今回の規制は「十分ではない」と述べ、市全体を封鎖するよう当局に要請しました。

また、昨年メルボルンで発生したCOVID-19による800人以上の死者を出した壊滅的な事態を思い出し、当局に警告を発しました。

「メルボルンで起こったことは、昨年ゆっくりと先に進もうとしたが、先に進むことができず、死者が出てしまった……これをシドニーで起こしてはならない」とコーシド氏は語りました。

この感染症の発生を受けて、ニュージーランドのジャシンダ・アーダーン首相は、7月上旬に予定されていたオーストラリアへの訪問を延期しました。

首相の広報担当者は、「首相の貿易使節団を年内に延期する」と述べています。

オーストラリアでは、ロックダウン、迅速な接触者の追跡、厳格な社会的距離の取り方、地域社会の高いコンプライアンスなどにより、過去に発生した大規模な感染症を鎮圧し、COVID-19の感染者数は30,400人弱、死亡者数は910人と比較的低く抑えられています。

ニューサウスウェールズ州では、今回の大流行を受けて、他の州が厳しい国境規則を復活させたため、国内の他の地域から事実上隔離されています。

隣接するクイーンズランド州とビクトリア州の当局によると、シドニーから航空便で入国しようとした乗客のうち、免除を受けられなかった数名がシドニーに送り返されたとのことです。

ビクトリア州では、木曜日に発表された2件のCOVID-19感染者を超える新たな感染者は報告されていませんが、これはシドニーでの感染に関連していると思われます。

クイーンズランド州では、一晩のうちに2人の感染者が検出され、いずれも自宅検疫を受けています。

(拙訳)

この記事が気に入ったら
いいね または フォローしてね!

URLをコピーする
URLをコピーしました!

竹 慎一郎

コメント

コメントする

日本語が含まれない投稿は無視されますのでご注意ください。(スパム対策)

目次
閉じる